15 September, 2011

Arctic Adventure!


One day, I was watching tv. I was watching a programme about the Arctic. It said 'the word 'Arctic' comes from the Greek word 'Arkticos' which means 'Country of the Great Bear'.
I could see polar bears that were huge, it was fantastic!. I wished I could go to the Artcic. Then, suddenly, my dad walked in and said "Your wish has come true because we are going to the Arctic next week". I couldn't wait!
For the week, I was studying the Arctic. I learned lots.
Soon, it was time to go. It took hours to get there. We were staying in a huge tent. I couldn't wait to to see the polar bears but my dad said "There are no polar bears around here".
I went outside to have a look. I saw a cave. I went inside. Then, suddenly, I saw a weird fish frozen in the ice. It was a prehistoric animal. I wasn't really sure what it was called, so I went back to the tent. I asked my dad to come and see.
On the way, I slipped and hurt my leg because I was running, but it was OK.
Soon, my dad and I got to the cave. I asked him what the fish was.
I looked at his face. I saw a huge smile. He said "That is a Mosasaurus". Then he said, "we are going to be rich!".
It was the most brilliant time of our lives!!

By Conor

1 comment:

  1. Conor, I was excited, scared, enthralled, curious and absolutely impressed, a brilliant story, well done indeed! And what an ending, I can't wait for the book!! Great picture too. Mr. O' L.

    ReplyDelete